martes, 17 de noviembre de 2009

Landing in the New World

Finally I´m in India, after persuading the kings of Spain to give me their best ships and their crew. Now I have two ships called "the Niña" and "the Pinta" and one vessel called the Santa María. My crew threatened me saying they would kill me if we could not find land before three days pass. The third day, we came to this fantastic place rich in gold, silver and copper. At last, I was safe.
This territory belongs now to the kings of Spain for helping me to prove the Earth is round. So this flag represents Spain dominate India
Wait a minute. I see something moving in the bushes. They might be Indians. I will go to communicate adequately with them.

It´s hard been patient with the Indians. They are always watching you as if you were a weired bug. Each time I ask them for gold, they get confused and don´t understand a word I say. So I had to torture them, so they would know who is the boss and make them give us the gold. After all, the only thing I got were tons of corn.
I think they can very easily become Christians, because they seem to have no religion.
If it pleases our Lord, I would take six of them to Europe. I could conquer the whole of them with 50 men, and govern them as I pleased.
I never thought that the beach, the plants, the animals and the landscapes would be
much more beautiful than the entire Europe.
I think I should return to Europe and tell them that the world is round and I could get to India from east to west.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario